October is breast cancer awareness month. Let’s test our awareness and further educate ourselves. Press play to start the quiz.
“Checkered Morning” is a collection, which though understated at first glance, adds a calm, exhilaration to any room.
This soft collection embodies an agreeable style that pairs the color salmon with a peaceful shade of blue. It is therefore the perfect accessory for a space like your bedroom; where your goal is to perhaps evoke a natural feel and flow.
Furthermore, the pillows from this collection are also available in fade resistant fabric, and they’ll create an invigorating feel outdoors. Therefore, if you are an outdoors person, why not consider adding its refreshing appeal to your deck, lanai or patio!
Check-out some items from this collection:
Making a good breakfast smoothie bowl is all about balancing the taste with its texture. Essentially, the fruits, veggies and natural milk are the main feature of the smoothie; however, you may also include nuts, ground flax seed, wheat germ or even vitamin C powder for added texture, as well as nutrients. Yet, for added flavor, include organic vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg or natural sweeteners like, brown sugar, organic honey or agave nectar.
That said, to make this breakfast smoothie bowl, start by gathering a combo of your favorite available fruits, like strawberries, mangoes, kiwis, pineapples, etc… You may even make your smoothie bowl all or mainly vegetables—choosing to use avocados, romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumbers… the choices are really endless. So make it your own!
What you’ll need:
- a blender, magic bullet or other juicer
- unsweetened coconut or almond milk (16 oz)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of your favorite fruits and/or vegetables
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Your choice of sweetener (optional)
- Combine your choice of milk, bananas, as well as fruit and/or veggies with other ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and puree for a couple minutes.
- Sweeten to taste (optional).
- Continue to puree until nearly smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and top it with extras like some banana slices, as well as nuts, granola, chia seeds, and/or ground flax seeds. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Cocoa tea is basically a Caribbean version of hot cocoa. Traditionally, to make this hot chocolate, the cocoa beans are roasted, and afterward grounded and rolled into a stick. This is then grated into a cocoa powder, which ends up being the feature ingredient of the cocoa tea.
However, for the recipe below, note that any powdered cocoa or cocao (preferably organic) will still make you a delicious hot chocolate drink.
- 1/3 cup of grated or powdered cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- brown sugar
- nip of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of almond or whole milk
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Cocoa tea recipe:
- Bring water, cocoa, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and bay leaf to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in coconut milk and your choice of either almond or whole milk.
- Sweeten with brown sugar to taste, and then add a tiny amount of salt.
- Continue to simmer mixture on low heat for a minute or two.
- Strain into your favorite mug and enjoy your cocoa tea!
*Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission, that is of no extra cost to you. I only share links to other products/services that I think my readers will find useful.
The “Temperate Chic” home collection has a clarity of style that will help to create an effortless decor.
First of all, these brown, beige and black striped decorative pillows will certainly add a special touch to a lived-in space like your study or family room.
This clean design will even assist in bringing about a pleasant informality in a neutral bedroom decor.
Essentially, if you like a casual flair, this collection will help to create a balanced sensibility in just about any room or area of your home!