The following is a simple recipe for Caribbean-style salt fish fritters (salted cod fish fritters) with shrimp.
- 2 stalks of scallion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 medium onion or 1 small onion
- 1/8 tsp of scotch bonet pepper (optional)
- 6 ounces of salted cod fish (de-boned)
- 2-3 ounces of cooked shrimp (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- pinch of brown sugar
- salt (optional)
- coconut or vegetable oil
- Place salted cod fish in a saucepan covered with water. Boil for 5 minutes and cool.
- Chop scallions, bell pepper, onion and scotch bonet pepper.
- Flake the salt fish into smaller pieces.
- Add salt fish, cooked shrimp, chopped ingredients, black pepper, salt, sugar, flour and water to a bowl and mix together to form a batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon batter into pan and fry until golden brown.
Kaysha Sahai Reid is the designer of the products you find on this site. She spends a bit of each day managing this part-time studio, which originally began with jewelry and has extended to other scopes, including home accessories. Her blogs include a little home decor, recipes, and while also a certified meditation teacher, she sets out to even encourage making regular moments for ourselves, despite our busy or hectic schedules.