Jerk chicken is a well-known Jamaican dish that is loved by many islanders, as well as people in other parts of the world.
- Your favorite Jerk Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Scallions (optional)
- Fresh Thyme (optional)
- Thoroughly clean and cut-up chicken, and then rinse with lime juice.
- In a bowl, add a small amount of jerk seasoning and gently rub it into chicken. For best results, cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Slow cook on the grill or preheat oven to 350 degrees, cover with foil in a pan and roast in the oven with a little fresh scallions and thyme for approximately 1 hr and 15 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink from the bone.
- Serve with rice and/or vegetables. Enjoy!
Kaysha Sahai Reid is the designer of the products you find on this site. She spends a bit of each day managing this part-time studio, which originally began with jewelry and has extended to other scopes, including home accessories. Her blogs include a little home decor, recipes, and while also a certified meditation teacher, she sets out to even encourage making regular moments for ourselves, despite our busy or hectic schedules.
Sign-up below for a FREE subscription to Stillness and Me-Time emagazine series.