Ultra-Delicious Cocoa Tea Recipe
Cocoa tea is basically a Caribbean version of hot cocoa. Traditionally, to make this hot chocolate beverage, the cocoa beans are roasted, and afterward grounded and rolled into a stick. This is then grated into a cocoa powder, which ends up being the feature ingredient for this drink.
However, for the recipe below, note that any powdered cocoa or cocao (preferably organic) will still make you a delicious hot chocolate drink.
- 1/3 cup of grated or powdered cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- brown sugar
- nip of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of almond or whole milk
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Cocoa tea recipe:
- Bring water, cocoa, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and bay leaf to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in coconut milk and your choice of either almond or whole milk.
- Sweeten with brown sugar to taste, and then add a tiny amount of salt.
- Continue to simmer mixture on low heat for a minute or two.
- Strain into your favorite mug and enjoy your cocoa tea!
*Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission, that is of no extra cost to you. I only share links to other products/services that I think my readers will find useful.