Simple Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
One sure way to take advantage of the nutritional benefits of blueberries is by incorporating them into a delicious smoothie.
Blueberries contain significant amounts of potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamins A and C, as well as folate. Together, these nutrients provide the body with antioxidant benefits, as well as contribute to blood pressure regulation, in addition to immune and nervous systems function.
That said, take a moment to try this simple blueberry smoothie recipe.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
a blender or juicer
8 oz. almond milk
1 cup of blueberries
1 ripe banana
1/2 – 1 tbsp. flax seed oil (optional)
1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
2-3 ice cubes
- Combine blueberries, banana and almond milk in a blender or juicer container.
- Optional: add ground flax seed, organic vanilla extract and/or ground cinnamon.
- Cover and puree for a few seconds.
- Gradually add the ice cubes. Continue to puree until nearly smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into a large glass and garnish with a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings