Blueberries contain significant amounts of potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamins A and C, as well as folate. Together, these nutrients provide the body with antioxidant benefits, as well as contribute to blood pressure regulation and immune and nervous systems function.
That said, take a moment to try this simple blueberry smoothie recipe.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
a blender or juicer
8 oz. almond milk
1 cup of blueberries
1 ripe banana
1/2 – 1 tbsp. flax seed oil (optional)
1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
2-3 ice cubes
- Combine blueberries, banana and almond milk in a blender or juicer container.
- Optional: add ground flax seed, organic vanilla extract and/or ground cinnamon.
- Cover and puree for a few seconds.
- Gradually add the ice cubes. Continue to puree until nearly smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into a large glass and garnish with a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
Kaysha Sahai Reid is the designer of the products you find on this site. She spends a bit of each day managing this part-time studio, which originally began with jewelry and has extended to other scopes, including home accessories. Her blogs include a little home decor, recipes, and while also a certified meditation teacher, she sets out to even encourage making regular moments for ourselves, despite our busy or hectic schedules.
Sign-up below for a FREE subscription to Stillness and Me-Time emagazine series.