Making a good breakfast smoothie bowl is all about balancing the taste with its texture. Essentially, the fruits, veggies and natural milk are the main feature of the smoothie; however, you may also include nuts, ground flax seed, wheat germ or even vitamin C powder for added texture, as well as nutrients. Yet, for added flavor, include organic vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg or natural sweeteners like, brown sugar, organic honey or agave nectar.
That said, to make this breakfast smoothie bowl, start by gathering a combo of your favorite available fruits, like strawberries, mangoes, kiwis, pineapples, etc… You may even make your smoothie bowl all or mainly vegetables—choosing to use avocados, romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumbers… the choices are really endless. So make it your own!
What you’ll need:
- a blender, magic bullet or other juicer
- unsweetened coconut or almond milk (16 oz)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of your favorite fruits and/or vegetables
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Your choice of sweetener (optional)
- Combine your choice of milk, bananas, as well as fruit and/or veggies with other ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and puree for a couple minutes.
- Sweeten to taste (optional).
- Continue to puree until nearly smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl and top it with extras like some banana slices, as well as nuts, granola, chia seeds, and/or ground flax seeds. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Kaysha Sahai Reid is the designer of the products you find on this site. She spends a bit of each day managing this part-time studio, which originally began with jewelry and has extended to other scopes, including home accessories. Her blogs include a little home decor, recipes, and while also a certified meditation teacher, she sets out to even encourage making regular moments for ourselves, despite our busy or hectic schedules.